Voice Over Internet Protocol or VoIP is a technology that allows users to make and receive telephone calls just like with a normal telephone line, except that it uses broadband Internet as medium. Finding the best voip provider is important especially for businesses that want to make the switch to VoIP phone systems.
The cost of making calls through VoIP is a lot lower than regular phone lines, especially when you have to make long distance and international calls. Multiply this by the number of employees and how often they need to make calls, and you get significant cost savings.
When assessing which VoIP provider to go with, there are certain things you should look out for.
Important features to Consider
Efficiency is the name of the game, and this is what you want your VoIP phone system to be able to give you.
1. Excellent calling features – Aside from ensuring voice call quality, a good provider can give you other features like caller ID, interactive voice recognition, voice mail, conference calling, call transfers and even an emergency feature.
2. Easy routing and forwarding of calls – People communicate through multiple devices these days, and you have to find a way to support that. This is because your employees won’t be at the office all the time, so it’s best to find a provider that can ensure the calls or voicemail are easily forwarded across channels (e.g. home phone, mobile, email).
3. Automatic data integration – A good VoIP provider will know that calls are not just calls. They’re connected to inventory, sales, customer service and overall database management. If your provider offers data integration that helps with customer relationship management, then this will greatly improve efficiency.
4. Tech support – Even with all of the wonderful features that a VoIP company might be able to offer you, you need to make sure that your provider gives you the tech support you need just in case the VoIP system goes down. Some VoIP phone systems can be complicated, but with reliable tech support, things become hassle-free from the installation to the maintenance.
5. Value for money – Depending on your needs, some VoIP phone systems can be quite expensive. You should always look into the cost efficiency of whatever product you’re getting, and a VoIP phone system is no exception. Go with a VoIP provider that gives you the most features at the least cost. Make sure to get information about monthly fees, per minute fees, as well as per line and per call fees to compare different plans and providers.
Different VoIP plans will definitely include different features, and you’ll have to tailor those plans depending on your business needs. Make sure that you carefully consider what your business needs, and then select a plan to suit those requirements. There are many VoIP providers out there, and for sure, one of them will cater to what your business needs.
The best VoIP provider will have different plans to offer you as well. Some will let you keep your existing phone number, some will give you an entirely new one, and some will have varied features. It’s important to know which features you consider important, and which ones you can live without before deciding on a plan and a VoIP provider.